Sunday, March 17, 2013

Good Lunch Stops

Here to tell you about two more good lunch finds in the City of Lights both introduced to me by my friend, Jen who knows all the good places to eat around Paris!!

First up is Da Piero at 57 Rue de Suffren - Metro: Commerce or La Motte Piquet-Grenelle. This is the real Italian deal!! This is a family run restaurant where the food is served fresh in a traditional Italian style. Everything is cooked to order and all the products as well as the people are authentic. They also have a nice Italian wine selection for lunch or buy a bottle for later. The portions are perfect and won't leave you hungry - just room for one of their delicious desserts, be it Tiramasu, ice cream, or one of their other yummy concoctions you won't be disappointed. They also have take out should you wish to continue your Italian feast of sorts later and a small selection of Italian grocery items for sale. I have been here twice already and each time the restaurant has been full. Definitely worth a trip! Check out this place, it is a good stop over before/after your climb to the top of the Tour Eiffel. Only open for lunch.


Next up, Rose's Bakery. They have 3 locations scattered around the city. I was at their location in the 9th on rue Martyrs. What a great area - very bourgeois!! This place has had many good write-ups and they are not wrong. The kitchen dishes up wonderful lunch plates using fresh ingredients and the portions again are just right. I had the vegetable plate and it was fabulous. If I had someone prepare veggies for me like this everyday, I would never eat meat again. My friend Jen had a tofu plate, and I tell you, I don't care for tofu, but this was very good. Rachel had the thin-crusted pizzette served with a tasty green salad. It is a tiny place so I recommend going at the late end of the lunch hour or else you may be waiting a bit for a table.  Only disappointment was that their "to die for carrot cake" was completely sold out. After lunch, wander this awesome area - so many fun, neat places to "lèche-vitrines"*



*window-shopping


No comments: